The Buena Way
The Buena High School community empowers all students to achieve their full potential in a safe and academically-engaging environment. We inspire our students to be responsible and productive citizens in an evolving global society.
BHS Mission Statement
The Buena High School community will realize its vision through its commitment to:
- Motivate learning through a challenging and engaging curriculum.
- Stimulate intellectual curiosity and life-long learning.
- Foster responsibility and personal growth with a focus on Social Emotional Learning.
- Guide all students to successfully pursue their career paths.
- Inspire creativity and artistic expression.
- Establish a climate of respect for the unique qualities and diverse backgrounds of all students.
BHS Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
Our students will be:
- Beneficial to the community
- Understandingand respectful of diversity
- Life-long learners
- Leaders in their fields
- Dedicated to wellness and self-advocacy
- Occupation and technology-oriented
- Guided by integrity and critical thinking
- Skilled communicators
More than 6000 boxes of Mac N Cheese were set up for a domino like fall with boxes being donated to Food Share of Ventura County.
ABC7s Philip Palmer visited Ventura last month to talk to VUSD students in the GRIT program at De Anza Academy of Technology & the Arts (DATA).
We're closing out National Nutrition Month with some significant updates!
Congrats to Coach Colton and the Boys' Basketball team for making it to State Finals after defeating Culver City in Triple Overtime! Congrats on an amazing season!